Sunday, January 6, 2008

DESYNCHRONOSIS


Yes, I might as well get it out in the open... I have been diagnosed with desynchronosis. At the moment, it really seems quite serious. I hope I will recover...
Is it worse than ADD, OCD, or any other sort of D? Well, in the long run, no. It's actually just good ol' fashion JETLAG. And I've got it bad, having just returned from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Japan.

I wish I could take a picture of my tired self to share with you right now, but the sad truth is, we broke our lovely camera on our first day in Vietnam, and I've been subsisting on horrible disposable cameras ever since. But just picture me for yourself: Droopy eyelids, sunken eyes, permafrown, slightly hunched over... Yup, that's me. I thought we were on schedule last night when we went to sleep at midnight, but then, when I awoke at three o'clock this afternoon, I realized just how wrong I was.

Goddamn international date line!

So I'm gonna ride it out and hopefully--though they say it takes a day to recover for every time zone you cross--I'll be back in action in a few days. And at that point, I will offer you a MUCH more coherent blog post. Until then... Goodnight!

No comments: