Friday, January 18, 2008

...ANYONE STILL WONDERING WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY?


Maybe it's just me, but I guess I really don't feel comfortable seeing the "president" yukking it up with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. I know they're like, BFF and everything, but it just seems to me that in a country where a teenage girl gets sentenced to lashings and jail time for being gang raped, maybe Georgie boy should try not to be having so darn much fun. I know, I know, he has to suck up to Abdy, since that guy's got all the precious oil we need and everything, and it would probably look bad if Bushy whined and said, "i'm not gonna come out to play in your country 'til you be nice to girls." I mean, Bush has a wife and a mother (or is she his grandmother) and two daughters. How can even that Australopithecene stand for such behavior? I'm no feminazi or anything, but I would bet my entire $305 dollars that if some man had been treated abhorrently in that country (unless of course, we were mistreating them ourselves at Guantanamo Bay--that would be different) and it made the national news circuit, that Bush wouldn't have posed for that prom picture with King Abdullah. He might not have even shown up.

All I'm saying is, maybe taking a stand for women's rights in medieval countries like Saudi Arabia might be a step in the right direction of encouraging freedom and democracy. It might be a little bit cheaper and more effective to defend women than to make threats, search for non-existent nukes, and drop bombs. And even if it were somewhat incendiary to stand up for the female species in a place like that, wouldn't defending women be an inherently more worthy cause than all of our other flame-fanning efforts thus far?

The funny thing about the picture is -- other than the fact that Bushy is holding a sword, and where's Abdy's gift from him by the way?--is his posture. Because, while he's holding one sword, his posture makes him kinda looks like he's got another one up his bum. Nah' mean? But my BIG question is, with all of the tightened new homeland security and TSA regulations, how did Bushy take that sword back with him on the plane? And more importantly, does he have to go through security in his socks like the rest of us?

No comments: