Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Girly Boy Names

I like girls names for guys, like Courtney, and Casey, and Shannon... Does that make me a heathen? I like to think it does... Anyhoo, the following are the top ten boys and girls names in America for 2006.

Boy's Names

Girl's Names

1. Jacob

1. Emily

2. Michael

2. Emma

3. Joshua

3. Madison

4. Ethan

4. Isabella

5. Matthew

5. Ava

6. Daniel

6. Abigail

7. Christopher

7. Olivia

8. Andrew

8. Hannah

9. Anthony

9. Sophia

10. William

10. Samantha


Note that there's not a girly-boy name in the bunch. (actually, there are no boyish-girl names either, like Taylor or Chuck. Not even any unisex names like Jamie or Betty Sue.) i guess i must be the only one on the girly-boy-name-bandwagon. ahhh, i love being original. it's so refreshing. just like coke zero--"tastes so much like coke, we should probably sue ourselves." Have you seen that litigious-themed ad?


It's not like I'm trying to promote Coke or anything, I just think it's a little crazy that one of the world's most popular brands is rolling out a whole lawsuit-centered campaign. Could this be the beginning of the end?

PS: To mom and dad and aunt jenny jo, just because i'm blogging about names does NOT mean i'm pregnant.

1 comment:

Danikens said...

This is great! I can't wait to read your next blog, these are fantabulous! I see that both of our names are on the top ten in some form or another! I really feel the start of Fall! That wasn't related to the blog but thats okay right?!
XXXXXX