Wednesday, September 19, 2007

They May Look Innocent...


Ahoy Readers!

So, you're probably wondering, what the hell is up with the pizza the livestock, and the fat man? Well, sit tight, 'cause I'm about to tell you. This post is about me being sick and tired of sheep. Not those adorable fuzzy ones above, but the human variety. But you know that saying about he who casts the first stone... I'm as guilty of it as the next guy, gal, or transvestite. Okay, well maybe not the next gal, but the gal three rows down on your right. Yeah, the one with the mismatched socks.

So, you're demanding, where exactly does the pizza come in??? Again, I pledge not to leave you in the dark. That pizza is a picture from Pizzeria Mozza, Mario Batali (see above,) and Nancy Silverton's hot new LA pizza restaurant. Well, since it opened almost a year ago, I'm not sure one could call it new, but... Anyhoo, I tried to make a reservation there for my husband's birthday--I did this two weeks in advance--and the EARLIEST they had was 10:15pm. I attempted calling back and seeing if there were any pizza-school drop outs, but was told, definitively, "Nein." Except they may have said it in English. But it didn't matter. "No" hurts in any language. And so does eating dinner at 10:15 if you're not Spanish or Italian or working the graveyard shift.

So, how am I tying this altogether? That question is just as much for me as it is for you... The point is, I'm MAD at myself. That's right, and DISAPPOINTED. Why do I need to go to a restaurant where you have to make a reservation months in advance to even eat during normal dining hours? WHY? Because we're all a bunch of sheep, that's why. Although, I don't know how apt a description that really is... I mean, those sheep may follow each other around, but I somehow doubt they're all concerned with where the best patch of grass is, and who will get to try it first, and how many calories it is. Matter of fact, I think they seem quite comfortable in their own wool. Which is something we could all aspire to...

P.S. If anyone has a reservation at Pizza Mozza for Friday night, between the hours of 7 and 9pm, let me know.

1 comment:

Danikens said...

I saw that pizza place and I asked Luis what Mozza meant and I think he said living room....I guess the ultra-hip in LA are trying to confuse us! Well, if they can't give your ultra cool man a table for his bday then they are so nein!!!!!! Auf!!!!!!