Thursday, June 21, 2007

WISH YOU WERE HERE, WILBUR

Pop Quiz!

The picture below is of:

a--me after a Ben and Jerry's jag.

b--an overly-flattering representation of our President.

c--an Iowan farm animal safari

d--none of the above


If you guessed "D," you're partially right. There might be a little bit of "B" in there too. I don't know. The picture is just in from the Roger Waters concert at Hollywood Bowl last week. Well, I've had the picture the whole time, just hadn't gotten around to emailing it to myself from my phone. Lazy!! For those who didn't have the good fortune to go, it was an amazing show. I'm not even a big fan or anything and it was still one of my favorite concerts. One of the best parts was the giant inflatable pig floating above the crowd. Disclaimer: I'm biased, because I love pigs, and there's a famous one named after me.

Anyway, this huge guy in front of me was smoking loads and loads of weed, and I asked him if I could "borrow" a rolling paper (I wanted to make a paper airplane, in case you're wondering.) I told him if he gave me a paper, I'd give him... a little herbal treat, that I already knew he'd like, without even knowing much about the guy. But then my whole "airplane folding" project went awry, and it was a total disaster, and I had nothing to give the guy but a tiny packet of M+Ms. This guy was so big that it probably would have taken about 30 packets of M+Ms for him to taste just one piece. But it was all I had. So, I handed them over sheepishly, and he, after examining them closely, even holding up a flashlight to them--I think he was hoping they might have been something slightly more psychedelic than chocolate candies--managed a shrug, tore into the pack, and started munching quite agreeably.

And we all lived happily ever after. Especially the pig.

No comments: